Monday 25 January 2010

Old habits die hard with a vengence

Blocking - a Director's way of telling everyone what to do (not that he doesn't get to do that anyway).

Boy, did he work us hard last week. In Act 1 it's mainly Frances, Peter, Brian and myself with a smattering of Mr Bromhead, a touch of Superintendent Paul and the driver/delivery man provides a little garnesh on the side. When there's so few of you in a cast, there seems to be always something to do and somewhere to move! Add that to the fact that someone has nicked half my script (I suspect the copper) with all my blocking notes on and tonight will be very interesting! (I'm going to get shouted at, I just know it)

The other members of the cast (Susan, Barbara and Mr Needham) have been invited down to share in the general loveliness that is the Director Sex (and Producer Sex of course), oh and to get used to the set lay out and all the doors, because we have 6 of them in this show.

Stage Manager has been very conscientious and has been attending all rehearsals and getting very familiar with what's going on in the script and has also taken her other role seriously and has come up with some costume suggestions already - bloody brilliant, another worry off my mind with the rest of a Producers lot and a new job to deal with! I wonder if she'd mind being called SM Costumes- and I wonder if that's already a search term on this 'ere world wide web. I'm sure we're going to attract people who aren't looking for a blog about a play!

I also had a chat with my super efficient Catering Manager as well to make sure she didn't need me to do anything around that and she has everything in hand - again - marvellous! Our lovely Props Mistress, who shall now be known as "Sex Props" (I wonder how many hits we'll get from that entry) has been working very hard on sourcing all manner of things for the show and has enlisted, friends and relatives to be on the look out as well. I think our sound and lights chappie wants a script now to start making notes on sound effects etc - woo hoo!

We seem to have landed ourselves with some fabulous help and we love you all (IAAAG).

I must go now and make Director Sex his dinner and get ready to get down to the hall, it's all go, go, go.

No comments:

Post a Comment