Wednesday 3 February 2010

Walking the Green Mile in Her Shoes

Yes, I am aware that we've had 6 rehearsals and there has only been 2 blogs so far. What can I say? What possible excuses could I use? None that would make any difference I suspect. Anyway, I'm here now aren't I?

So the end of blocking has arrived - huzzah! The nicest thing has been having us all together for the last two rehearsals as we're all in Act 2 and the prozzies aren't in Act 1 so it's been great having them down.

Thanks have to go to the kids show. As they're performing next week they have already erected the extra bit of stage we use, so we've been able to block on pretty much the amount of space that we'll actually have, this will make it so much easier for us in the long run! The down side is that we lose our Monday and Thursday rehearsal as they have their dress rehearsal on Monday and a performance on Thursday, however the lovely sound and lights chap (who I think we should call "sex noises") has given us a pass for the hall on Tuesday so we should get a full run through - fantastic! Our first one.

I have been trying hard to learn my lines on my way to work, listening to the recording we made a few weeks back. I think I know the first chunk of my part, but there's still such a long way to go, no sleeping on the way into London for me for the next few weeks! Bah! Hope the other Sexers are also trying hard with their lines, with a small cast there's less people to spread the lines out so most of us have loads to learn - you can do it folks, you can do it.

On another note, we have sold our very first ticket! Woo Hoo! Only another 319 to go (just as an FYI, if you've stumbled on this blog and you're not a member of the cast, you can buy tickets through the box office if you email castboxoffice@hotmail.com £10 including supper!)it would be fabulous to sell out and the cast have been tasked to sell 21 tickets each. That doesn't include the crew (who I am sure will sell loads too) or Director Sex who are also expected to pull in the punters.

Sex Props was down last night to talk to me about her equipment (!) and she's making very good progress actually, I hope that she'll have a list of the things we still need in order to send out to the cast to get them rummaging at home (in their cupboards and attics, not anything else you filthy lot). Also, SM Manager had a very important birthday yesterday so many happy returns to her!

I thought I might start leaving you with words of wisdom at the end of each blog so I must offer you my absolute favourite....

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment