Thursday 18 February 2010

You can leave your hat on....

We only had one rehearsal last week due to the kiddlies performing "Annie" and we managed to get through most of the show, despite us stopping and starting several times through Act 1.

Peter turned up late, having been driven by his dad to rehearsals due to a sporting injury, which was really quite disgusting. I really did NOT want to hear about the metal pin holding the bones in his finger together and I certainly didn't want to touch it. Actually, I feel a bit sick again thinking about it and I've just had my lunch so let's move on shall we?

Delivery Man, didn't pass his driving test - again (just in case you were wondering), unlucky mate. Better luck next time.

Director Sex is really very happy with us all at present with our commitment to remembering our blocking and with how difficult it really is to learn our lines. I do have to say that I get quite a few odd looks when I am trying to learn my lines and not just because I'm wearing a woolly hat. There are some very funny lines in the show, but when you listen to the recording, you can also hear the people that were in the background laughing and Director Sex nearly loses it a couple of times and it always makes me giggle. I've nearly learned the whole of Act 1 so I keep going over the bit where Brian gets kicked in the corpse instead of the copse, which makes everyone there laugh and then in turn me. Sitting on the train. By myself (well not by myself, by myself, with all the other commuters obviously).

On Monday we had planned to start at 8pm with Act 2 as we didn't quite finish it last week and to make sure that it gets just as much attention as Act 1. Plus, our Tart with a Heart I and II and Mr Needham don't appear until Act 2, so it's only fair to get them going straight away, if you'll pardon the pun.

However them mice and their plans eh? Mr Needham had a meeting he had to go to and wouldn't be down until 9pm so we had to start at the very beginning (a very good place to start). In the end (at about 8.05) Mr Needham arrived having not had to stay late after all. See? them mice plans....

Frances had olives that were stuffed with.... olives! Her tone of delivery was brilliant as well, but it did cause a bit of a laugh.

Brian forgot the lovely notebook I "acquired" for him last week, you'd better remember it tonight mister.

Whilst chatting with Mr Bromhead off stage I discovered a double entendre that he hadn't thought of in a line that he delivers. He asks Peter if everything is alright "downstairs", am I the only one that sees the funny in that?

Tart with a heart I brought in a 70's style bowler hat for Mr Needham, it fits perfectly and Mr Needham wore it throughout his scenes, including those where he would have been wearing his pyjamas, what was it Tom Jones sang now?

A very good run through in the end. Director Sex wants to work on Act 2 some more, so we will start with that tonight.

I'm going charity shopping on Saturday with Chairman, who is getting up early and coming to collect me as I won't have a car - I do love her for that and I will keep her in coffee - I promise!

Sex Props is continuing to do a sterling job and has found us some sofas which are free! I really like free. Free is good. I just need to persuade Producer Himbug to help me out with a van....

AND (not to leave this until last), Tart with a Heart II has found us 3 doors! We can have our 6 doors, huzzah! Well done you!

Quote of the rehearsal "I wonder what over here is"

No comments:

Post a Comment