Tuesday 23 February 2010

Handbags and Gladrags

Okay sexers, I'm in trouble again. I guess it's my own fault really as I moan at everyone to read the blog and then I get moaned at when I haven't blogged and they do want to read it. So I apologise - yet again for being busy and important and that. Director Sex should be doing this as he has way more time on his hands than I do!

Let's start with last Thursday - er... Oh yeah, er... Thursday...

This is what I remember:
Frances had pulled all her muscles as she has a new job - I did mean to say good luck in my blog last time, but it completely slipped my mind - sorry Frances. Brian also has a new job and he's doing rather well at it by all counts - well done Brian.

I have put in my notes that we have our very own "parrot sketch", except ours isn't dead, it just swears a lot. It's one of the funniest scenes and I like it a lot!

Also, on Thursday Superintendent Paul had man flu so cried off early (big girls blouse) and Susan had an identity crisis and called Barbara (who was in fact Director Sex, sounding like a previous incarnation of Trinny from Cinderella) Susan. No, that's you that is. The fact that Director Sex was playing Barbara was in itself very amusing because of having to squeeze Peter's head in his chest, I'm sure Peter didn't get the pleasure he usually does from this scene....

I was due to go charity shopping on the Saturday to try and start costuming the show. The plan was to go to Windsor as it has a good array of charity shops to choose from and probably a better class of donor! As it ended up, I didn't make it into Windsor so had so settle for my local charity shops, which turned out to be pretty good! I found the following:
1 large 70's style suitcase which was up for £2.50, I was talking to the lovely lady in the Sue Ryder shop and telling her I was costuming a show and she let me have it for £1.50! I was over the moon at £2.50, so that was an absolute bargain.
a nightie for Frances, delicate and lacy and a little bit racy (the poet in me is escaping).
some ties for Peter, Mr Bromhead and Brian (Brian's needs a shuttlecock shape sewn to it)
a vintage handbag for Eleanor, it's just perfect
A couple of dresses for Eleanor
I am rather pleased with myself actually as it's not easy on your own to do that.
This Saturday Director Sex, S&M Mistress and myself are going to Windsor to look for other things, we need suits for the men and mini skirts for the tarts with hearts.

Last night we had a full run through (with notes) which Director Sex was very pleased with, a full cast helps and people already dropping their scrips also helps. Props are now being introduced bit by bit and pretty soon we'll be doing it all with most of the props I'm sure. We'll have a coffee table on Thursday and Frances had brought loads of great stuff to use too.

It was late by the time we got to the end of Act 2 last night so we're going to start with notes on Thursday before we do our word rehearsal, I am frantically trying to learn my lines now before then, more madness on the morning train I think.

Until next time sexers

No comments:

Post a Comment